1. Acknowledge it, deal with it. Identify the problem and then make yourself all about the solution.
2. Don’t catastrophise. Turn down the emotion, turn up the logic and identify what is and what isn’t.
3. Hold your tongue for a minute. Don’t say something regrettable that you can’t un-say.
4. Ask quality questions. Solution-focused questions. Better questions lead to better behaviours and results.
5. Find the lesson. You say problem, I say opportunity to learn.
6. Don’t wait to be rescued. You’re not a damsel and it’s not a Disney movie.
7. Don’t throw yourself a pity-party. It fixes nothing and gives people the shits.
8. Invest your energy where you’ll get the best return. Control your controllables.
9. Find some perspective. Your broken leg will seem minor when you talk to the person with no leg.
10. Hang out with people who will drag you up (not down).