Ten Relationship Improvers (and some news for Perth People)

Some, all or none of these suggestions might be relevant for you. See what fits…

1. Stop expecting people to think like you.
2. Stop having pointless conversations.
3. Stop being the people pleaser.
4. Learn their love language (see Gary Chapman’s book).
5. Stop acting like an insecure idiot.
6. Stop reading between the lines.
7. Pay attention.
8. Stop looking for approval and accolades.
9. Work on you before you work on ‘us’.
10. Don’t try to change the other person.

And now, some news…..

A Perth Meet-Up

Hi Everyone. I’m in Perth for a gig next week and thought we might do our annual meet-up (coffee, chat, connect) while I’m there. If you’ve never come along to a meet-up, it’s where readers (of a blog) and the blogger catch up for an informal hang out session. It’s relaxed, chatty and casual, so no need to feel intimidated. If you live in or around Perth, consider yourself invited. We generally have anywhere between five and fifty people come along (had nearly a hundred in Sydney) and it’s always fun. FYI, last Perth meet-up I think we had around twenty. It’s great to connect with like-minded people who are all about learning, growing and sharing, so if you’re free I’d love to see you there. Some details…

Where do we meet? Hyatt Regency foyer (99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth)
When? Tuesday, June 11, 8pm (for an hour or two)

Put it in your diary. :)

If you liked this article, subscribe to my blog and receive my FREE eBook. Click here: I want a FREE eBook. If you’re interested in having me work with your organisation you can contact me here.

{ 12 comments… read them below or add one }

Sulagna - Love in India June 5, 2013 at 1:25 am

“10. Don’t try to change the other person.”

I’d like to add: “… because you can’t.”

And a second one: “You don’t have to change yourself for the other person.”

These two are the basic principles of having any healthy relationship.

The moment we understand this simple fact, almost all the other points become obvious, like:

1. Stop expecting people to think like you.
2. Stop having pointless conversations.
3. Learn their love language (see Gary Chapman’s book).
5. Stop looking for approval and accolades.
9. Work on you before you work on ‘us’.

Janine June 5, 2013 at 7:03 am

Kelly June 5, 2013 at 8:41 am

Craig, I have been reading your posts and want you to know you are making a big difference in my life. Thank you!

Pet June 5, 2013 at 8:59 am

#9 for me at the moment!!!!!

STOP!!! Smell the roses, Pet.
Sooooooo overwhelmed at the moment & this is the step that I was thinking of this morning & fancy you coming up with it today too. Freaky!! ha ha

I’ll try (to remember) to see you next Tuesday Craig.

Pet
xoxo

Margunn June 5, 2013 at 9:24 am

Hi Craig, I`m a HUGE fan, have read your book and LOVED IT! Are recommending it to everyone, family, clients and friends! I`m a personal trainer a bit south of Perth. Can`t make it to your annual catch up (would have loved to) and was hoping you would hold a seminar around here again sometime soon! How about Bunbury??? I know!! You`re a busy man, and for a good reason!!:)) But ONE DAY, I´ll be able to attend. Can`t wait.xx:))

J June 5, 2013 at 10:04 am

Thanks Craig,

love receiving your inspiration emails, and I’m currently enjoying your new book, trying to entice my somewhat pessimist husband to do the same (without trying to change him of course!)

If you ever come to Brisbane and are available for a similar casual hangout, please keep me in the loop.

all the best,
J

Maria June 5, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Hi Craig,

Just want to compliment you on your positive and inspirational articles….I really look forward to reading them and it always keep me upbeat at work.

I noticed from your recent meet up email for Perth. Do you have meet up in Sydney…..would love to meet you!

Regards
Maria

Veganchic June 5, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Wishi could come to the meet-up but i’m all the way in S.C…come visit us some time, love to meet and greet with you!! Love your e-mails!! i share them with my work buddies!!

Linda June 11, 2013 at 12:05 am

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. I usually just lurk around reading but I’ve decided to get out of my comfort zone and come to the meet up. Can’t wait.

Sharon June 11, 2013 at 2:02 am

Loved having a chat to you last year in Perth Craig. Any chance you’ll be around from 7pm instead of 8?? Would like to come chat again but work at 9 :)

Lucinda June 11, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Hi Craig

So disappointed I can’t make it tonight, hopefully there will be another one some time, hope you have a good turnout :)

jannine navarro November 7, 2013 at 3:23 pm