Melbourne Presentation: Renovate Your Body

For the last three years, I have had the pleasure of spending time with 13 year-old Isabel Martin. Unlike you and I, Issy is yet to experience the joy of taking her first step. An operation to remove a benign spinal tumour saw her become a paraplegic at the tender age of eight months. Without giving you some long-winded sob story, I’ll keep it brief and tell you that (1) Issy is an amazing and courageous girl and (2) being a paraplegic is REALLY expensive. Which is why I’m doing a fund-raiser for the Wish to Walk Foundation (created for Issy) and why I hope you Victorian readers and subscribers will come along to support her. Well, some of you. :)

What, When, Where…

Presentation Title: Renovate Your Body
When: Sunday, April 28
Time: 9-10.30am (registration from 8.15am)
Where: 643 Nepean Hwy. East Brighton (my gym)
Cost: $35.00

In this presentation, I will explore the psychological, emotional and physiological variables which most influence the getting-in-shape process. I will tell you why many people (including some professionals) get it wrong, why the majority of people who lose weight regain it and why changing your body is largely a psychological and emotional challenge with a physical outcome. I will also tell you what works without the fluff, jargon, pseudo-science or sales pitch. Like Issy, this presentation will be honest, realistic and practical. Unlike Issy, is might also be mildly offensive. So, if you’re sick of almost changing your body then get your arse along on April 28. ;)

*If you know somebody who might benefit from this workshop, please share this with them. ALL of the money raised goes to the Wish to Walk Foundation.

You can book HERE.

If you liked this article, subscribe to my blog and receive my FREE eBook. Click here: I want a FREE eBook. If you’re interested in having me work with your organisation you can contact me here.

{ 18 comments… read them below or add one }

Nicole April 2, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Great stuff Craig – I’ll be there for sure.

Nicole Lambert April 2, 2013 at 3:31 pm

If we can’t come (due to the whole interstate thing) Can we donate? And I will gladly share it around social media. :-)

Craig April 2, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Can you donate? Can you donate to help the most gorgeous kid in the world? Do birds fly? Do bees buzz? Do bears shit in the woods? Do rocking horses have wooden dicks? OF COURSE you can donate Nicole – please do!! And yes, Facebook the crap out of this for me.

Thanks! x

Mel April 2, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Ok so do we have a link or some details we can follow to make this bear shit in the woods lol for those of us that want to donate??

Great idea by the way!

Anonymous April 2, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Best wishes to Issy.

Mel April 2, 2013 at 5:08 pm

OK worked it out – click the Wish to Walk Foundation link in the article and on the right hand side there is a donate now link :) . Doh

poppy April 2, 2013 at 10:05 pm

issy is a cutie! she looks like my cousin, have always wanted to attend one of your seminars but they are too early for a weekend for me maybe someone has put one on youtube or something

Katherine Gordy Levine April 3, 2013 at 7:14 am

Great story of strength. A poster child for Emotional Fitness. So glad this has a pinnable picture. Now on my Practice Kindness Pinterest board and will then be viewed on my facebook followers
pagehttp://pinterest.com/pin/147141112797968604/

Heidi April 3, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Craig, you are a wonderful guy. You are very generous, for your help with this little angel and the rest of us. I have forwarded many times to others I hope it will help. Please keep us posted as to her progress and how much is raised.

Heidi

Craig April 3, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Thanks so much Heidi :)

Anon April 3, 2013 at 11:17 pm

You are hot in that photo Craig (male here sorry if offends). Good luck to her, sounds like a wonderful cause. I don’t know about time and resources, but maybe you could film it and charge a small (or large) fee for downloading it. Just a suggestion, I would suggest you also check the crowd that they don’t without your permission film you and put you on YouTube or elsewhere. That to me is not fair to her.

Craig April 4, 2013 at 8:25 am

Hi Anon. We’re exploring the filming thing, so will keep you posted. And thanks for the nice words but I’m not so hot in the flesh. ;)

Anonymous April 4, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Definitely hot (ugly female here sorry if offends). It would be great if you filmed the talk, and made it downloadable. Hope Issy continues to progress – she deserves success for all her hard work and courage. If she agrees, please can you share another update in a while?

Craig April 4, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Hi Anon. We’re hoping to film it – will let you know. :)

Susan April 4, 2013 at 2:41 am

Craig, even though I’m in the US, I’m promoting the hell out of this event to my Melbourne friends and family. Wish I could attend! Good luck, Craig.

Craig April 4, 2013 at 8:47 am

Thanks Susan – you’re ace. :)

Vishal April 7, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Hi Craig,

This looks great as well as great cause. I will be there :)

Michelle April 22, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Hi Craig
Can you please email me the details of how I can donate…I’m working so I can’t make the session how I’d love to donate to such a great cause.
Cheers